Recipe: Healthy Post Grape-Nuts cookies

Wednesday, February 29, 2012


I remember that episode on Friends when Monica tries to recreate Phoebe's grandmother's cookie recipe who claims to have gotten it from her grandmother, "Nestlay Toulouse". Hahahaha, I love that episode.

ANYway, I was eating my cereal, Post Grape-Nuts and discovered a cookie recipe in the back of the box. The only reason I even bought the cereal was it said FREE COOKIE INSIDE! Which I naturally ate before even opening the cereal packet.

~~~~~


Grape-Nuts Cookie | Prep Time: 10 min | Total Time: 25 min

  • 1/2 cup softened butter
  • 1/2 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 3 Tbsp. honey
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 tsp. vanilla
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • 2 cups rolled oats
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1 cup Post Grape-Nuts cereal
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2) Beat butter and sugar in large bowl. Add honey, eggs, and vanilla. Mix well.
3) Add baking soda, salt, rolled oats, flour, and Post Grape-Nuts. Combine until just mixed.
4) Drop rounded tablespoons of dough, 2 inches apart onto lined or greased cookie sheets. Bake for 10-14 minutes or until golden brown.
5) Cool 2-3 minutes; remove from baking sheets. Cool completely on wire racks. Enjoy. Once cooled, store these cookies in an airtight container at room temperature.

Makes 4 dozen cookies or 24 servings. 2 cookies per serving.

~~~~~


I cut the recipe in half since the only person who really eats my stuff is me. I also folded in strawberries and used a little less white sugar. It turned out perfect for me because I don't like foods that are too sweet. Wish I had some applesauce on hand because I prefer that>butter. But it turned out really moist, crunchy, and delicioso! And the best part, it's also pretty healthy (with the exception of the butter). The cookies contain a ton of vitamins and minerals including fiber, protein, zinc, magnesium, iron, etc. 

-Debbie

Share This Post

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...