Zebra Overload

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Another lazy day. Woke up, stayed in bed for an hour playing on my phone, then saw Carmen's tweet about having nothing to do. East Sider having nothing to do + East Sider having nothing to do? = FUN ON THE EAST SIDE.

What a relaxing day! We got tea, then wings, then we went to our favorite neighborhood money-sucking store, TJ Maxx. Long story short, I went in with the mission to buy a pair of boots, but somehow, I came out with summer sandals, a ton of other items, and no boots. But! It was also good because if I hadn't bought those items, I would've never cleaned my room. It's really embarrassing but my desk has been unrecognizable since classes started. So these days, cleaning my room means clearing a path from the door to the desk so I could sit at the computer for 6 hours in a row and ignore the wads of tissues in front of me.

Okay...I'm really not that dirty. But it was pretty messy so all of this took a little more than an hour to do, and I threw two bags of garbage out. I always prefer to do a deep cleaning of my room before I start laying out new stuff because I want to see my new items in all its potential glory.


Purchases
Cute sandals - $19.99
Zebra print throw blanket - $12.99
8 x 10 frame - $7.99
5 x 7 frame - $6.99
4 x 6 frame - $4.99
Rocks (yes I bought rocks) - $3.99

The bed is the main focus of most bedrooms. Excited to give my zebra throw a new home, I happily spread my new throw blanket out and... it was awful!!


Okay, the picture is not half bad. Maybe it's just me, but the print spread out in in real life made me really nauseous. I haven't thrown up since I was 8, and I wanted to throw up on the blanket. You can't tell by the photo, but it was glaring. The white was too bright, the black was too saturated, and the pattern was too small for this bed. I also thought it made my bed look really tacky. Against this lighting, it was harsh even when crumpled up. It was like a zebra threw up in my room.

zebra puke


I decided to fold it up and put it over my nice, soft, neutral cream throw. It made a huuuge difference, but can you imagine having 4 layers of blankets and having to make them in this combination every morning? I'm one of those quirky ones who can't leave the house without making their bed. Your mom would love me. Either way, I always strive to create a warm, relaxing bedroom atmosphere and while the throw might work in other people's bedrooms, it just doesn't work in mine. So back to TJ Maxx it will go where it will hopefully find a more appreciative home.

However, I am really happy about my other purchases! I haven't touched the rocks yet as they're going into my bathroom but the frames did my nightstand justice.

photo-less frames with a clock that doesn't have the right time

I love the chrome element of the frames! They complement my alarm clock and offer a contrast to the chalkboard surface of the nightstand. 

Oh, and we also stopped by 16 Handles. Great way to end a girls' night! :)



-Debbie

Share This Post

1 comment:

  1. I wouldn't say a zebra threw up on your bed. I would say it looks like a zebra died on your bed. I dont think it looks bad. It's very snooki style

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...