Recipe: Green Tea Mochi Cake

Monday, June 4, 2012

I was Yelping for places to eat near work and came across Cafe Zaiya. After reading the reviews, I was intrigued and had to go try the Chocolate Mochi Donuts, and let me tell you it was delicious. My co-worker compared it to a zeppole. It wasn't as sweet and puffy as your average donut, it was a bit chewy but in a good way. After trying the chocolate mochi donuts I came across a recipe for Green Tea Mochi Cake. The recipe calls for a cup of butter which has me kind of scared...so I may try to find an alternative to make it a little healthier.I imagine the texture of this cake to be similar to that of the donuts. While I haven't had time to try this recipe out yet, I'm posting this as a little reminder to self to try it out possibly next weekend. Look out for an update next week with pictures. :) Till then, if you're in the NYC area, definitely stop by Cafe Zaiya and get yourself a Chocolate Mochi Donut. They sell out fast!

-Carmen

Share This Post

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...