Lazy Sunday

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Sunday is usually a lazy day for me. I like to lounge around the house in my pajamas and relax before another hectic week begins. Yesterday I whipped up enough chicken parm to last me until lunch today so I didn't even have to cook! All I had to do was reheat my pasta and throw the chicken in the oven to warm up. It was a simple recipe. I threw some garlic and red pepper flakes into olive oil so the oil becomes infused with the flavors, followed by a touch of chicken stock and a can of crushed Italian style tomatoes. Let that simmer for 30 mins and you have your very own marinara sauce. The chicken was pretty simple, you take some thinly pounded chicken breasts, dip it in flour, egg, and then bread crumbs. (I like to use Japanese panko bread crumbs) *Make sure your flour, egg, and bread crumbs are all seasoned.* Then you just pan fry your chicken. Ladle some sauce in a baking dish, put the fried chicken breasts on top, cover with more sauce, and top it with some cheese. Throw it in the oven at 425 until the cheese is bubbly. Serve with spaghetti and sauce on the side.
yumm

It was a tad chilly today and I was craving some hot chocolate. Of course I had a bunch of midterms to study for and did not want to risk having to face the distractions of going out to Dunkin Donuts. I decided to just make some Nutella Hot Chocolate. Heat up milk with however much Nutella you like and that's it. Top it off with whipped cream if you like. I normally opt not to put whipped cream for health reasons but i had a tiny bit left in my fridge so i decided to use it up so I can make room in my fridge.
because everything is tastier in a mustache mug :)
That's all! Happy Sunday everyone! :D Now back to the never ending pile of notes I have to get through before the weekend is over! D:

-Carmen

Share This Post

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...